Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Talk About Me: Meet the Teacher

I saw this on another blog and I decided to join.  Not that my new blog is anything special, but maybe this week will give me the inspiration (and courage) to share more of my teaching things.


Today's topic is Let's Talk About Me!  Ten things about me.  Since this blog has had a total of seven page views before today (and I'm pretty sure I was the only one who viewed it), I can share pretty much anything about myself and  it would be new to you!  OK, here goes.

1. My daughter is four and a half.  It took me five years, almost to the day, to become a mom.  I love almost every minute of it.  (She went to sleep after midnight last night.  Those are among the times I don't love it.)
 
2. I met Doug speed dating.  Really.  It wasn't at all like you see on those TV shows and movies.  OK, the one guy who kissed everyone at the end of the three minute "date" was a bit creepy, but otherwise it was a fun night out.  Nine years later, here we are.
 

3. My favorite band is Rascal Flatts.  I'm not really a country music fan, but their music spoke to me during a very difficult time in my life.  I've seen them in concert three times, and this year was Tami's first time at a "grown up" concert. 
 
 
Glee From A to Z
4. I'm a total Gleek.  It's the one show I absolutely HAVE to watch every week.  And yes, I cried when I heard about Cory Montieth's death.  Like it was a personal loss.
 

File:Friends.jpg
5. I also cried when Friends ended.  Love love love that show, probably because Monica and Rachel were the same age as me (but the actors are older). It's the only show I own every season of on DVD.
6. My favorite snack is Doritos.  I can't buy them too often, because a bag lasts ONE DAY in our house.  I actually remember the first time I had them, in 1977 at a rest stop.
7. I can't stand the smell of cinnamon.  Twenty years ago, when Big Red gum was very popular, I could always spot the gum-chewers in class.  I can tell almost immediately if a recipe has cinnamon in it, even a tiny bit.
 
8. I tend to overdo the kids' concert thing. We've seen Yo Gabba and Fresh Beat Band twice, Max & Ruby once, and Imagination Movers three times (and almost always get the meet & greet package).  The last Fresh Beat we saw was the one they filmed for those videos and the concert episode.  My daughter's in the "We Got The Beat" video, and she and her BFF are both in the concert episode.
 
9. I have a degree in administration but I never applied for the certification.  I took and passed the state tests, but after one interview I decided it wasn't for me.  I'm a teacher, not an administrator.  (But if I were an administrator, it would be in a position overseeing curriculum.  It's the building-level disciplinarian thing that I'm totally not cut out for.)
 
10. I'm the world's worst housekeeper.  OK, not the worst, because I've seen those Hoarders and Messiest House kind of shows.  I collect clutter but I'm trying to declutter, my laundry and dishes are constantly piling up, and I never quite know how often to vacuum.
 
I'm trying to link up here.  Please let me know if you got here from that link, just so I know it works.  :)
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I did get here from the link in. :) I too am a HUGE Gleek. Cory's death is STILL devastating to me. And your daughter is A-DORABLE!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete